cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Reboots

BGL
Dialled in

For many months / years, my HUB 3 will randomly reboot then reconnect after 15mins or so.

A few visits, swapped Hub and attenuators installed etc.

Following an engineer visit to check things the other week a cable fault was identified under my garden and subsequently swapped out..

This week the reboots have continued and the engineer has now noted that a neighbours' HUB had also reset at the same time as mine suggesting a 'network fault that would need raising to the network team'

Does anyone have any experience of similar faults and is there hope that they will finally resolve this? (This does not show on the service checker as a fault which is also annoying)

If they monitor for a week without the issue popping up and close the fault I won't be happy when it returns 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------
HUB 4 1Gb - Direct Ethernet Connection
My Broadband Ping - BGL1
137 REPLIES 137

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to keep you updated, @Steven_L hasn't heard back from the engineers, so I have scheduled another engineer appointment for you. The engineer will be able to look into this an escalate it to the networks team after their visit. I will send you a PM with the details of your engineer appointment and to confirm your address now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner 🙂

Thanks,

Serena

The engineer visited yesterday and as always my equipment checked out fine, signal levels all perfect, he did notice a SNR issue from the other day on the upstream channel however and contacted networks who reported an SNR issue that had been affecting my area was resolved at 08.30am on the 16.06.2021.

The engineer left his details to contact him if it drops again and looking at my BQM logs it appears to have dropped around 4am this morning (similar time as it dropped yesterday) I've left him a voicemail to update him with this.

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @BGL,

Thanks for coming back with an update and for getting back in touch with the engineer. Sorry that you've seen a further drop-out.

Please let us know what he advises once he has got back in touch and if not, let us know so we can chase the local engineering for further guidance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Good Morning, I've not heard back from the engineer and have had another drop out at around 6am today.

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BGL,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I can see that there are still some errors showing with your connection, so I'm going to book another engineer appointment for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm the details.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

The engineer has just left, after checking my HUB and requesting a 'cardiograph' for the last three days - they raised an issue with the upstream SNR dropping to around 26, Networks confirmed an issue affecting my area and raised a ticket..

Five minutes later my HUB reset whilst typing this reply 😐

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry about that @BGL.

Did the engineer give you an estimated fixture time for the area issue? 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No estimate for a fix, obviously it is out of his hands now and with the networks dept - if you can find anything further re an estimated resolution time that'd be great.

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah okay, thank you for telling me this @BGL.

I have just checked and there is no estimated fixture time as of yet 😞 But you can check this by calling 

0800 561 0061 which is our service status line.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

I've just had another Hub drop out and rang the number that reported no issues in the area. 😐

Can you check the fault code that should have been registered against my account when the engineer last visited and confirm what the actual status of this fault is?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1