cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Reboots

BGL
Dialled in

For many months / years, my HUB 3 will randomly reboot then reconnect after 15mins or so.

A few visits, swapped Hub and attenuators installed etc.

Following an engineer visit to check things the other week a cable fault was identified under my garden and subsequently swapped out..

This week the reboots have continued and the engineer has now noted that a neighbours' HUB had also reset at the same time as mine suggesting a 'network fault that would need raising to the network team'

Does anyone have any experience of similar faults and is there hope that they will finally resolve this? (This does not show on the service checker as a fault which is also annoying)

If they monitor for a week without the issue popping up and close the fault I won't be happy when it returns 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------
HUB 4 1Gb - Direct Ethernet Connection
My Broadband Ping - BGL1
137 REPLIES 137

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @BGL

Thanks so much for popping back. I have located your account from your forum information, however, I can't see any notes to advise that your issue has been escalated to our Networks team.

May I ask who advised you this was the case and when this was? 

I can see that you had a rebury done back at the start of May. Then a technician was booked for the end of May but this was cancelled at the customers request. 

After checking your account from here, I can see that you last rebooted around 4 hours ago. Your hub stats are looking to be great and are within the specifications we would expect for your package and equipment. No errors are showing that we can see and no known area issues are listed. 

Are you still having the issue with your Hub rebooting since the cable repull was done at the start of May? If so, it may be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Hope to hear back from you soon

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thanks Katie,

I have a BQM setup and in my auto-signature - the engineer who advised on replacing and reburying the cable was the one to advise he would need to escalate it to the network team for monitoring - I never cancelled any calls (obviously if the issue is on your network I wouldn't require a visit though)

The reboot was not initiated by myself and as always the equipment shows no issues with levels - this is always the case with an intermittent fault like mine which has been rebooting my HUB regularly now for the last few weeks.

If you cannot find the escalation to your network team then can you escalate it?

Thanks

Bryan

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Hi @BGL,

I cannot escalate this to the networks team from here as I cannot find any issues that the engineer has found, I'm trying to chase this with the engineer to find out what he discovered and to report this to the correct team.

I will be in touch once, I have a response from the team.

Regards,

Steven_L

Have you had any luck?
Just had another Internet loss followed by automatic Hub3 reset.

Web test actually shows a network fault at present.

16EE8E7E-B12A-477D-B597-0F7FA1EC90CF.png

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @BLG.

Thank you for coming back to us, Steve isn't in this evening however I have asked him to follow this up for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Just logging another Internet drop and automatic Hub3 reset 😕

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BGL,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your Hub 3 resetting itself. I'm sorry to hear this happened again.

I've taken a look at your account and there are currently no issues showing. I'm really sorry, I understand this must be frustrating for you.

Did you managed to perfom a pinhole reset as previously advised? If not, can you try by following these exact instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Let me know how you get on following this 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

I have done this previously and as per previous posts I was told by the engineer that a neighbour's Hub had reported a drop out at the same time as mine which backed up the engineer suggesting he would need to escalate to networks to resolve an issue that lies outside of my residence and on the larger network (making a full HUB reset again pointless).

Has any info on this being escalated to networks been found as yet? Can you raise this if it has not been actioned?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know @BGL

Unfortunately we cannot escalate this to the networks team from here as there are no issues to be found on your account, if we raise it - it will most likely be closed. I cannot see any notes from the engineer regarding escalating this to the networks team on your account I'm afraid.

I will persue this with @Steven_L as he was chasing up the engineer to see what happened.

I will keep you updated 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Thank you,

if you look up a couple of posts, you'll see that the last VM web test for my service also identified an issue with the Network(interference/cabling - cable was swapped / re-buried) and not my equipment - as this has been ongoing and the test has reported this a few times now when my Internet connection is lost, would this be enough for networks to check  monitor the signal to my home?

My Broadband Ping - BGL1