cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Orange light and connection issues

Gonesurfin
Joining in

I've been a Virgin customer for only about 4 weeks and having a real issue with my router.

Firstly, it has a consistent orange light, which reading on this forum suggests it needs replacing and can potentially be a hazard... Particularly given its 30 degrees atm.

Secondly, my internet connection drops atleast once every 24 hours and requires a reset to fix.

I've tried several times to go via customer service, but they say they can't "see" a problem and to be honest, just ignore the orange light concern. 

It seems my best hope it posting on here and hoping a solution appears!

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gonesurfin,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really disappointed to hear that you have had ongoing issues with your hub since installation. We certainly understand the frustration this issue is causing you.

Remotely checking from our end, we have located your account with the details you have provided form your community profile. 

We have run some further test for you, and can advise you that you're currently being affected by a network fault in the area. Due to this we are unable run full diagnostics at this time until this issue has been resolved.

We will update our service status page as soon as possible with the estimated fix time. You can check this by logging in to your online account here.

Once the area fault has resolved we will then be able to see if a technician is required and book this in for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks Jodi,

But I'm not sure a network fault would result in the orange light I'm experiencing? 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Gonesurfin,

The network fault may not be a direct cause of the orange light but it does make it difficult to run checks on your individual equipment when this is the case - it is also likely to be affecting your connection.

I just want to confirm, the 'steady orange/amber' light does indicate a connectivity issue, as opposed to the 'red' light which indicates the hub overheating / being faulty.

Have you been able to follow any advice on our page about What the Lights on Your Hub Mean

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide