cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Issues

Declanworld
Fibre optic

My son usually gets 88Mbps on his Xbox via my 100Mbps connection.  He's connected by ethernet cable to a BT Powerline plugged into his electric socket.  Today, however, he's only averaging 26Mbps.

We've factory reset the Powerline and its master extender to no avail.  New ethernet cables did nothing for it, nor did a reset of my Hub 3.

I notice also, that my TV has lost its ethernet connection and my ethernet-connected PC is not listed on the Hub 3.0 status overview.

Any ideas, comrades?

5 REPLIES 5

Declanworld
Fibre optic

Latest: I've been able to get the TV's ethernet connection goping again.  Just left with the massive drop via the Powerline.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Declanworld

Thanks for posting!

How is the service today? Are you still experiencing slow speeds?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The way powerlines work they are still susceptible to interference over the mains cable from other people in your road on the same phase. Directly cabled Ethernet connection is always best.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for your reply.  After a lot of head-scratching, I realised that my router reset had failed - the reason being that I'd screenshot the on-line instructions for an older version of my hub.  I should have known earlier when I noticed that my WiFi network name and password hadn't changed. 😤

I've done the proper rest for my Hub 3.0 and things have happily returned to normal - my son's high speeds have returned.

@Tudor wrote:

The way powerlines work they are still susceptible to interference over the mains cable from other people in your road on the same phase. Directly cabled Ethernet connection is always best.

My son uses an ethernet cable attached to the Powerline - he gets approx 88Mbps from my 100Mbps connection, so he's very happy with that - he wouldn't be long letting me know.