cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3: Is there a Manual?

meld51
On our wavelength

Hello,

I've just been sent a Hub 3 to replace my Hub 2.

Is there a good manual for the Hub 3. The online held appears to be very flimsy and doesn't give information on all the settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

meld51
On our wavelength

Thanks, that manual look like it will be useful.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
It's pretty self-explanatory.

That being said, what are you looking to do?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

How does Mac Address filtering work? You may see my other post of a few minutes ago.

There are two places for MAC filtering:

Advanced/Wireless Security/Wireless MAC Filtering

also:

Advanced/Security/MAC Filtering.

Clearly they have different functionality but what?

Also, is there only one MAC filter list for the main and the guest networks. That is different to the hub 2. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mac-filtering

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks but as I said this web page is not very helpful because it doesn't explain the 'other' page under:

Advanced/Wireless Security/Wireless MAC filtering.

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I don't understand what these two pages are for, nor can I find anything that explains it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@meld51 wrote:

Thanks but as I said this web page is not very helpful because it doesn't explain the 'other' page under:

Advanced/Wireless Security/Wireless MAC filtering.

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I don't understand what these two pages are for, nor can I find anything that explains it.

Maybe I'm being daft as well, but would one refer to ethernet connected MAC's and the other to WiFi connected ones?  Just a guess as I use my own networking equipment.

Also try this manual, not exactly the same firmware but similar hardware. b2b-ConnectBox_Manual_EN.PDF (upc.ch)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

meld51
On our wavelength

Good point. One clearly states "Wireless MAC Filtering, the other doesn't. 

On the wireless MAC page I have some devices in my "allow" list and some not, but they all are happily connected to my network. Am I to assume that MAC filtering is not working?

meld51
On our wavelength

Thanks, that manual look like it will be useful.

Hi Meld51, 

Thanks for using the forums to get more information about our Hub 3's manual. 

I see you've already had some help from the community which is fabulous. 

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Megan_L