cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Intermittent Packet Loss

Greavo95
Joining in

596496AA-6AA7-435F-8ED6-016612DE3D4B.jpeg

I have had virgin media broadband since November and have constantly had issues with the TV appearing to buffer and error message “CS2004” appears. This happens around 10 times a night. I had a look on this forum yesterday and saw a link for the BQM. Not really sure what it measures but I have attached our results over the past day for anyone who can decipher it 🙂 The download speeds usually pretty good, see below.

3E9A0AF6-331F-4139-860E-7FBB8E730205.jpeg

Please let me know if I can provide any other information to help determine the cause of these issues. Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Greavo95 

I'm afraid the BQM hass been rejected as it contains your IP address.

It definitely shows there's a problem with your connection though.

virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004  can sometimes be caused when there's a local area issue -

However, if you click the error code link it shows you how to check your connections as that's  the major reason for that error.

Regarding local issues, ave you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

If your cabling is OK and there are no known faults then post your hub stats.

There are a lot of tech guru's on the forum that can look into your issues but they need the full details from the Router Status page. So please  copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here (not screenshots) – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks @newapollo for the reply and for taking down my self inflicted security breach 🤣

Here is the BQM again with IP omitted:

F3B9C499-F3CE-42FB-9089-FC709E36C93E.jpeg

The fault has been occurring since I’ve had virgin media Broadband so don’t think it is a local issue. There have been “intermittent signal issues in the area” when I have checked the service status in the past but the issue has still remained when those faults have been corrected.

Another thing to note is the internet points have “ntl” on them so I am assuming they are ancient, could the issue be the cable/connections have deteriorated?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Greavo95,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with our internet since November last year.

Remotely checking the systems from our end, we can see that you have an engineer booked to come and get this issue resolved as your downstream power levels are out of specification.

Please let us know how your visit goes.

Kind regards Jodi.