Menu
Highlighted
Nish612
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Green flashing light, no net

My net has been down for 2 days, we just renewed our broadband with VM and increased the DL speed on our package. The green base light is constantly flashing. Tried turning it on and on multiple times checking the cable is fitted tightly on the back. The connection  came back only for a few minutes and went again. I think it's an outrage from VM's side. I live in IG11 area, I noticed others in my area with same issue. Website not stating the connection  is down. Anyone else with same problem? Or have an idea what's been going on with all the outages?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 Green flashing light, no net

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
CaptainSlow
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't rely on the service status webpage - we also lost our broadband at midday on Sunday. Green flashing light, then green flashing arrows, and finally a red light when it gave up. The staus page said no issues affecting us...

I also tried the router reboot, reset to factory defaults, etc path without success. I finally called tech support last night and was told there is a serious tech issue which won't be fixed until October 18th ! Two weeks off !!!

I'm in Doncaster, area 14 btw, so it may not be the same issue that you're experiencing, but there does seem to be a lot of reports of this happening.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are without BB call the number I posted above and start the compensation timer.

The SS website only reports issues affecting 1000's of users. If it is more local - say a street cab has gone down or a local cable has been cut - thus affecting fewer customers it may not make it onto the service status website. If nothing is being reported you will have to call it in to find out whether the problem is limited to you or a small few customers on your street for example.
After all, if you dont call they will never know.

Also "Area" is a term VM use based on legacy data of "billing areas" - so its not really geographic. I am in Area 20 in Manchester as also are customers in parts of Surrey, Sussex and London.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nish612
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info really helped me understand what is going on.Will defo call them with regards to the compensation. I just checked the service status in my area for the 100th time and it finally is saying there is a known issue in my area. Supposedly should be fixed by 16:30. I'm thinking to wait it out till 16:30 and if it's not fixed  by then will call that number. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The number is "freephone" and automated - no waiting. Nowt to lose in calling it now.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Nish612
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Registered my complete loss of internet, and good thing because now its saying it'll  be fixed in another 2 days!! 

0 Kudos
BluesFanUK
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How do you register the compensation thing? The link in this thread says it can be i done online and is automated, but they don't provide an actual link for it.

0 Kudos
Nish612
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you have to sign into My Virgin media, then on the drop menu you select service check/status. If there is a 'known issue' in your area wit will appear saying which services are affected, then you scroll down it should say 'register issue' or something like that you just press it and done. 

0 Kudos
Daveduvet
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You’re lucky. Mines been out for a week and the ‘engineer is on his way’ spiel has changed 4 times now. Having to wait til tues 15th Oct- brilliant 👍🏼

0 Kudos