cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Ethernet Ports Stopped Working

KipperMog
Tuning in

We had a new Hub 3 a couple of weeks ago as the old one wasn't broadcasting (was overheating).

Now the ethernet ports have intermittently stopped working on all connected devices. We have the smart TV, range extenders and a NAS drive attached.

Cables are new(ish) Cat6 ones and connect if you take them out and then put them back in, but after a couple of minutes will lose the connection.

Have factory reset Hub and even NAS drive, but nothing is connecting for more than a few minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

KipperMog
Tuning in

I have the same problem on my Hub3. Was only replaced 3 weeks ago because it overheated!

Ethernet worked fine on all connections: TV, Tivo Box, Range Extender & NAS drive. Then suddenly stops working a few days ago.

Have factory reset Hub and NAS drive and when cables initially connected all works fine, then after 2-3 minutes they drop out. I appreciated NAS drive may be problematic, but TV is cabled in and has always worked fine. Not pops up with a message saying cable disconnected......cable connected repeatedly every couple of minutes.

Suspect our "new" hub was reconditioned and the hardware in the hub is faulty. Read a few cases on here where it has been the less than quality soldering inside the hubs that has caused the problem, allied with the fact that a lot of people don't use their ethernet ports probably means that dodgy ones are being recycled through the system.

Getting in contact with customer services is another joy that awaits me!

Hey KipperMog, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some connection issues.

I am going to send you a PM, so we can get to the bottom of this.

Please look our for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?