cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Ethernet Ports Not working

StevieN
Joining in

Hi

I’ve only been a customer for about 8 weeks now and my Ethernet ports have stopped working on the router. The VM supplied cable for the box to the tv isn’t working and I’ve swapped out the cables a few times and still no success,

issues tried so far

• full reset and unplug and restart
  • loop test on Ethernet cables
  • Changing Ethernet cables and purchasing new ones

Does anyone else have any potential suggestions on how to get this working? I need the Ethernet ports to work so I can use the wifi boosters set I have bought to allow me to work around the house as the signal doesn’t reach on the standard VM router.

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the reset one last time as below. Do the ethernet cable connectors "light up" when you plug them into the hub's ports?

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).
Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible If not – DON’T DO IT !
With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty (08.00 is the best time [09.00 - Sun]) or wait here a day or so for a VM person

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi StevieN, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the Ethernet ports on your hub. If the factory-reset as advised by jbrennand above hasn't helped please get back to me via PM and we'll arrange an engineer visit so the hub can be replaced as required.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Steven, glad to hear action has been taken already. If we can help with anything else don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

Tom