cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Disconnections

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Yet another disconnection this morning 2/1/2022 at approx 0020hrs. Left disconnected until 0207hrs to allow BQM to pick up problems. No change from usual pattern. Switched off hub between 0207 and 0224 hrs to ensure monitoring correct IP. BQM showed solid red block so all correct.

Will post Logs (hopefully) below along with BQM for reference. Interestingly some of the disconnections coincide almost identically with log “Notice ATOM is restarted as part of self healing”. Maybe I’m just clutching at straws now. At my wits end. HELP please. 

Network Log

Time

Priority

Description

02/01/2022 09:54:26

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

02/01/2022 00:18:49

notice

NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

01/01/2022 06:48:31

Error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 11:26:37

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 10:00:35

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 10:00:14

Warning!

LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 08:56:9

notice

30/12/2021 03:38:39

notice

NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 03:31:38

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 02:53:35

notice

30/12/2021 02:49:36

critical

30/12/2021 02:31:3

notice

30/12/2021 02:28:38

critical

29/12/2021 23:38:20

notice

27/12/2021 15:25:57

critical

27/12/2021 09:50:30

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

27/12/2021 09:33:5

notice

01/01/1970 00:01:37

critical

27/12/2021 09:19:35

notice

27/12/2021 09:11:1

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MA

59 REPLIES 59

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

I have already completed this exercise a few times as prescribed and also removed the connected Ethernet cables, replacing after the reboot has completed. This gives me a further few days before the same issue occurs again. There are a number of threads on this forum with identical issues which seem to be resolved with a third party router and Hub3 on modem mode. This suggests that the Hub 3 is inherently unstable and the source of what is a common problem. 

Regards 

Thank you for that Sweet16.

We can certainly appreciate your frustration with this. I have taken a look over your account and although I can see some errors, these are within spec. 

Can you confirm if at any point you have had an engineer visit regarding this? Or had a replacement hub since these issues began?

^Martin

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Martin,

Thank you for your response. I have two engineer visits with the engineer on the latest visit being very thorough. He relocated the hub to a position close to the entry point and replaced the interconnecting cables between the point of entry, hub and TiVo box. He also checked signals with a meter and suggested they were verging on the high side but ok?. The hub has never been replaced. 

Regards

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Here we go again.

I just love the Hub3. Reliability is its key feature. I can rely on it disconnecting every couple of days for no reason. Even during the night when the world is sleeping the hub decided to call it a night too. 

Crashed again at 0129 this morning with NOTICE ATOM recorded on the log as always.. Tried new cables, tried connections, tried pin hole reset and tried reboots. The only thing I haven’t tried is booting the hub up my driveway on to the main road for VM to pick it up. Absolute junk.

Please don’t respond with “ have you tried connections or pin hole reset”. Your wasting your time and mine. 

BQM looks normal as usual even during “disconnected time periods”. 

Can someone get me a new hub to try or suggest something which will actually add value.

Regards

Hello Sweet16

Sorry about the dropouts 

I can take look at some options we have to replace the Hub

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi there,

I've just read your thread with interest as we are experiencing similar issues to yourself.

Out of interest have you now managed to rectify the problems?

We switched from BT in March for a supposedly better service, but have had nothing but problems since.

My kids constantly loose connection when playing online and my wife has had issues when working from home.

We too are using the Hub 3.0. Checked all the connections multiple times and everything is secure, rebooted etc but still experiencing the same issues.

Will setup a BQM to start with and see what that tells us.

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Hi Dave19741,

Eventually got issues under control by requesting a replacement Hub3 through this forum and one of the team kindly obliged by sending one within a day. Did have a couple of outages after that albeit with decreased frequency and situation now seems to have settled. It was not lost on me that the significant demands on the system through increased working from home probably didn’t help. 

Request a replacement modem and see how you get on. The moderators on this forum do try to help where the VM call centre are working to a script and essentially hopeless if you have a problem out of the ordinary.

hope this helps and good luck

Dave19741
On our wavelength

Thanks sweet16,

Will definitely try that. I’ve just turned off the ‘smart’ feature on the hub to see if this has any affect. It sounds like it makes changes based on what’s connected.

Will see what info the BQM gives also tomorrow.

Thanks again for your feedback and glad you’ve managed to sort out your issues 

thanks 

Hi all, 

So a quick update.

I now have the BQM graph as shown below. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for, but I guess the 'latency' and 'dropped packets' are going to be key and if low will indicate a good service? Is this correct? Any help understanding this would be appreciated.

As a side note, my wife has said the wifi has performed much better today, without any outages. I'm wondering if this is due to me turning off the 'smart' feature on the router last night. Apparently it monitors the traffic and connections to the wifi and makes adjustments to suit. Again I'm no expert, but if this is changing I reasoned this maybe why we experience the wifi dropping out. 

Anyway it seems better atm, but time will tell. 

mybroadband 06.06.22.jpg

Hi @Dave19741,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having a similar issue with your service. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help.

I have had a look into your service and I can see there may be a problem with your downstream power levels. In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs