cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Disconnections

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Yet another disconnection this morning 2/1/2022 at approx 0020hrs. Left disconnected until 0207hrs to allow BQM to pick up problems. No change from usual pattern. Switched off hub between 0207 and 0224 hrs to ensure monitoring correct IP. BQM showed solid red block so all correct.

Will post Logs (hopefully) below along with BQM for reference. Interestingly some of the disconnections coincide almost identically with log “Notice ATOM is restarted as part of self healing”. Maybe I’m just clutching at straws now. At my wits end. HELP please. 

Network Log

Time

Priority

Description

02/01/2022 09:54:26

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

02/01/2022 00:18:49

notice

NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

01/01/2022 06:48:31

Error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 11:26:37

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 10:00:35

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 10:00:14

Warning!

LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 08:56:9

notice

30/12/2021 03:38:39

notice

NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 03:31:38

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 02:53:35

notice

30/12/2021 02:49:36

critical

30/12/2021 02:31:3

notice

30/12/2021 02:28:38

critical

29/12/2021 23:38:20

notice

27/12/2021 15:25:57

critical

27/12/2021 09:50:30

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

27/12/2021 09:33:5

notice

01/01/1970 00:01:37

critical

27/12/2021 09:19:35

notice

27/12/2021 09:11:1

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MA

59 REPLIES 59

Hi Sweet16,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I was able to locate your account with the details we have for you, I have run checks our end, so I can run further checks please can you try the below?

The test results show you are having a connection issue to your Hub,

This can be caused by loose connections in the cabling in your home, so before I complete my checks, are you able to check that:
• All cables between the wall and your Hub are secure. This includes any screw or ‘push on’ connections. If you also have our Virgin TV service, can you check the connections on that kit too.
• Any wall points or cables that don’t have anything connected to them have a cap cover for the connection point?

Regards

Paul.

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response and initial checks on my connection. I can confirm that all cable connections ( incoming cable, hub and TiVo box are all tight and secure.

Regards

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

Just a quick message to ask if you had a chance to investigate my plight further and if any issues had been identified?

Kind Regards

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Sweet16,

Thanks for your updates and welcome back to the page.

From reviewing your account I can't necessarily see anything that outline the issues you are facing.

Your BQM posted previously seems to reflect what we can see, do you have any recent readings from days you've experienced issues.

Your uptime on your box is touching its 5th day, if you are still facing issue since posting I'd advise to reboot your system and allow 1 minute before switching it back on.

Thanks,

Kain

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Hi Kain,

Unfortunately, the hub has just again disconnected itself impacting both wifi and Ethernet connections and I have had to reboot again. This is far from convenient, especially if I was not at home and unable to reboot. The issue must be either the hub itself or an exterior fault on my service cable or beyond. Is there no way of having the hub replaced which if nothing else will at least eliminate that possibility?. 

I am sure you appreciate how frustrating this is and hardly a great advert for cutting edge technology from VM.

Regards

I had exactly same daily  issues as you for 8 weeks and 8 different engineers attend and swap various cables/attenuators etc and replaced the  superhub  3 twice, and the problem still persisted. They were out of ideas and suggested last resort to drop a new line to my house!

well I found another post on here and sounds like the hub 3s are no longer able to cope with many devices attached and timeout at random intervals

ive flipped my hub to modem only mode and bought a router (tp-link archer ax50) and had no dropout since I installed it on Sunday. Sadly the wifi speed around my house is a bit less than the superhub managed, but crucially no dropouts. 

I fear virgin refuse to acknowledge their hubs are not up to the job given the number of similar posts. There are plenty of posts on here with similar symptoms. Best of luck.

Thank you for replying to my post and for providing me with an update on your similar experiences.

I have suffered these disconnections over several months but my patience is now being tested somewhat. It came to a head several weeks ago whilst on holiday where I had no access to my Hive equipment for over a week. It was only resolved when a relative drove a 40 mile round trip to my house to reboot the hub. Hardly space age technology. . . . Good job the International Space station doesn’t depend on VM equipment. Lol.

Frustration boils when calling the VM contact centre and suffering the usual scripted dialogue then being told everything is fine and my connection will be monitored. Was also told that I needed to upgrade which would resolve the problem. Why would I upgrade something which doesn’t work?. 

Contemplating installing a router and switching hub3 to modem mode , like you have yourself done. I am, however, reluctant  to proceed incase I end up with the same situation and then being told by VM that the problem must be my own equipment. 

Thanks again.

Regards

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Here we go AGAIN.

Hub 3 dropped out again at 0100hrs this morning. Log shows it again coincides with the message NOTICE ATOM. Wife tried to reset but nothing. Still off at 0915 this morning but reconnected after another reboot. I previously complained that this connection was unreliable if trying to use smart technology when away from home. Now I can’t even go to bed with any confidence that it will still be working when I get up. 

BQM recording normally so nothing showing there.

Can anyone suggest where I go from here?

At my wits end and honestly feel like launching hub onto street and asking VM to collect it when they drive past. The options I see open to me are

1/ VM actions a solution and provides me with some surety and reliability.

2/ I take a chance and install a third party router with Hub 3 on modem mode. This puts all risk on me and might not resolve issue

3/ I operate hub mains through a mechanical time switch which automatically switches supply off for a few minutes every night to allow a reset of hub. This should be an embarrassment to VM if this is required

4/ Instruct BM to disconnect and change to BT. This undoubtedly means a slower connection but at least I have reliability.

HELP PLEASE

Regards

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Further to previous posting. I should reaffirm that Hub 3 outage impacts all Wifi and Ethernet connected equipment 

Regards

Hi Sweet16,

Sorry to see you are still facing the same issues, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, I have run some further test, and it has advised to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

Regards

Paul.