Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Continually Dropping WiFi

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has this problem, or can perhaps point me in the right direction to a solution?

I have lost patience with VM customer service, as after waiting for what seems an eternity for them to answer the phone, they keep telling me to do the same things and basically tell me its my set-up!  

I have an ongoing problem with the wifi signal dropping out and this is now happening many times per day.  I work from home and this is causing me many problems!  

I had the hub 3 installed in April 2019, along with plug in boosters and it all worked great until November 2019.  I have not changed anything in my set-up during this time.

I have reset, re-booted, plugged, un-plugged, tested connections, moved hub, moved boosters, etc. etc. etc.  None of this has worked and I still have the ongoing problem.

VM keep telling me that it's my system and they are trying to sell me another booster, but I live in a tiny two bedroom bungalow and it worked well for a few months!  

Honestly, if BT had a faster service, I would switch to them in a heartbeat!

Thanks guys 🙂

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 Continually Dropping WiFi

The hub likely got a update and wireless went out the window but you can do better by using the hub in modem mode and getting your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BQM, Test for outgoing ports and SSL/L2TP VPN test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I hadn't even thought of that!  Probably because I don't really want to spend any more money - VM are expensive enough!

Anyway, after reading your message, I did a little research on here and the ASUS RT-AC68 series seems to have great reviews.  It looks like I may have to go down that route... pardon the pun!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi FrustratedDerby,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry that you've been having trouble with your wifi signal, we can certainly see what we can do to resolve this for you.

In taking a look at the backend of your services, I've been unable to identify any cause for concern with the broadband entering your property. It does look like there may be some issues with your in-home wireless network though. It may be worth taking a look at our WiFi Wins for information on getting the best out of your wireless connection.

Do you know whether wired connections are also affected? Do the lights on your hub change when you lose connection?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos