cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Constant Orange light

barnabee
Dialled in

Hi,

Have seen several posts about a constant orange light on the VM hub 3 which I too am now getting instead of it being solid white.

It corresponds with fluctuating WiFi over the last week. My desktop pc is wired via the ethernet port and works well. But the TV box is connected via WiFi and the on demand regularly has dropped out and asking me to reconnect to the Internet. My Now TV box also suffers with poor picture quality and buffering.

I have reset the hub a couple of times using a pin in the reset hole, have switched it off at the mains several times and tried to run the online broadband test which just hangs.

All of the devices and hub are in the same place they have been for years and the hub doesn't appear to be hot.

Please could this be forwarded for a rep to investigate for me. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here's the update I promised after the engineer visit this morning:

Old Hub3 with orange light was at fault and has been replaced with a hub4. The attenuators on the back of the hub and the V6 TV box were removed as they were not required.

Engineer was extremely helpful and polite. Everything is now connected back up and my WiFi signal is so much better. Thank you for logging the fault and for arranging for a visit to fit in with my routine, it was much appreciated.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try splitting the wifi SSID and mange the wifi yourself.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

This way you can choose which band and channel to connect to rather than rely on the Hub choosing it for you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @barnabee. Sorry to hear you are having issues with fluctuating WIFI, and buffering/Picture quality on your TV service. 

I have had a look on our systems and we are picking up some downstream power level issues that will require a technicians visit to fix. I have sent you a PM to confirm some details we will need to book the appointment for you. I will then update the thread again once this has been booked. 

Hopefully we can get this sorted for you! 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly, PM has now been answered.

To update the thread - an appointment has now been booked. 

@barnabee will be able to see this via the My Virgin Media account, and will update the thread following the appointment so we can offer further support if needed! 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly,  appointment is now visible in my account. I will update this thread next week with the engineer findings.

Thank you for that barnabee. 

Please do keep us posted. 

^Martin

Here's the update I promised after the engineer visit this morning:

Old Hub3 with orange light was at fault and has been replaced with a hub4. The attenuators on the back of the hub and the V6 TV box were removed as they were not required.

Engineer was extremely helpful and polite. Everything is now connected back up and my WiFi signal is so much better. Thank you for logging the fault and for arranging for a visit to fit in with my routine, it was much appreciated.

Hi barnabee, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us with an update. 

We're really glad the engineer visit went well and things have been resolved now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back to the forums and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. Signal keeps slowing down or dropping out completely and a constant orange light on the hub. When I run the diagnostics tests online or via the virgin app, it says there’s a problem but doesn’t specify what it is. I’ve tried resetting using the pinhole button.

Can someone check my connections please?