Menu
trenko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3. Can't change wireless channel

Received hub today. Setting up I find I can't change wireless channel on 2.4 and 5ghz from manual to auto.(router page) The buttons are just not clickable. Also when setting up I renamed the ssid for 2.4 and 5ghz to different names. Just done a router reset exactly as it said..... I expected everything back to default but nothing happened. I still have the altered settings I made an hour ago, tried again 20 seconds reset press, router off for 60 seconds and same again...... any ideas ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3. Can't change wireless channel

Probably too obvious - but you did click the "save changes" button before logging out ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
trenko
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, saved clicked each time.No big deal that bit it is mainly why it won't let me go from manual to auto wireless channel. I would have thought anyway that auto would be default

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Go to the bottom of the screen & disable "Smart WiFi". Then you will be able to change your settings.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
trenko
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Got it...... i never new I had to click "Disable Channel Optimization" at the bottom of the page. Now I can alter it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@trenko wrote:

Got it...... i never new I had to click "Disable Channel Optimization" at the bottom of the page. Now I can alter it.

Channel Optimisation is strictly speaking the automatic setting. With it disabled the Hub will not do a periodic search for the best channel to use.

The individual Auto settings only operate after a reboot.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
Yamkin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have saved me from doing a factory reset!! Thank you so much for your easy fix. Just had a new 3.0 Hub connected as the old 2.0 Hub stopped the household from accessing BBC iPlayer!!

0 Kudos