Menu
Highlighted
Message 21 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0

Hi Super_3776,

Whilst I appreciate that the hub was activated for you, that really shouldn’t have happened. We’ve fed this back to the agent concerned and we’re going to send you a replacement hub in line with our typical processes, at which point we’ll be deactivating the hub you’ve paid for.

As the hub remains the property of Virgin Media the only hub that we can support on an ongoing connection is the one that we send you.

I am going to send a PM now so we can start the process of getting the new hub out to you and organising some packaging to send the ones you have now back to us. Please look out for the notification in the top right hand corner of the page.

Many thanks, 

Dan_M

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Well it wales false because they did activate it 🤦🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 23 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Super_3776 wrote:

Well it wales false because they did activate it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just because a member of VM staff did something they shouldn't have, doesn't mean that the information you were given was false.

VM would have been within their rights to simply disable the box you bought from Gumtree without warning once the mistake was discovered, however they appear to have taken an option aimed to minimise further disruption to yourself.

I therefore urge you to read @Dan_M 's post and follow through on his PM so that they can get a replacement hub sent to you and that the two hubs you currently have can be returned.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks