cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

I have the same problem, I did the 60 sec reset but still not working

Hi Cesa, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I am sorry you've been having some issues with the hub password, this isn't good. 

Due to the delay can I ask if this has been sorted for you now, if not please let us know and we can help further if needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

iqhero
On our wavelength
I had the same issue and fixed it like this:

Leave the router turned on during this process, do not power off or restart it:

- Press and hold the reset pin in for around 70 seconds and release
- Leave the router to cycle through the reboot process by itself, should take around 5 mins, don't try and load
the page or enter your password before this, be patient
- Next go to your browser window and type 192.168.0.1 press enter
- Make sure you haven't got any script blockers or ad blockers enabled, if you have disable them or try using
a different browser, Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc...
- Perform a hard refresh of the page holding ctrl key and pressing +F5 to clear the cache
- You should see the welcome page, enter default settings password shown on your router/hub, follow any
instructions

This worked for me, best of luck

This workaround did work for me too, but I can understand the reluctance to unnecessarily have to do this.

Yes, the settings password was reset, allowing me to change my router password back to what it should be, but it then took me about 1.5 hours to update every linked device in my home.

The Sonos products were the hardest. If you change the router settings, you then have to wire the product to the router with an ethernet cable and the whole process takes forever.

Once I can live with, if it happens again it will really start to grate.