cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

Hi Neal-UK

Sorry you are experiencing the same issue 

When you say resetting do you mean a mains reset or a factory reset 

Pinhole at the back of the hub?

Gareth_L

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried the pinhole at the rear and turned off the modem and it just restarts with the exact same settings. I've followed your online guide and also the posts in this forum. It just will not reset to factory default.

Persevere with the factory resets, it took 4 attempts for me earlier this year,

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That worked. Thank you, MikeRobbo.

Thanks it worked for me too.

I followed precisely with holding reset for 60s and waited (20 minutes actually)

Trav97
Joining in

i also have this issue anyone have a fix ?

Hi Trav97,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the hub password.

Can you confirm if you've done a pin hole reset of the hub?

Alex_Rm

hi, yes i've reset using the pin hole but still says wrong password

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That is most odd @Trav97  - this is the only way to reset to factory settings. 

Please confirm that you held it in for minimum 60 seconds? (Whilst the website advises 10 seconds, we have found that 60 seconds has more success. 

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

I can see from looking at your account that it has been around 27 hours since your hub was rebooted. Pop back to let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi, it worked! Thank you, I never held for longer than 10 seconds but 60 seconds seemed to do the trick 🙂 thank you!