cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

The problem needs to be sorted. Whatever it is. It isn't right John.

If you do try the reset, this should fix it. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Workaround.....not a fix.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry that you're having this issue pbarrett, have you tried to see if the reboot does resolve the issue and we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I also have the same issue i have tried the reset twice now and still the problem is not solved

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lewis6,

When do you find the details on the base of the hub do not work?

Thanks Joe_F

every time i attempt to log on online

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the reset this way
With Hub on, push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub settings and Wifi will revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card - make sure you use the correct one for each option.

Also use a different browser to the one you normally use - eg download a new one - Firefox, Opera, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

For those having trouble  I tried the 'hold reset button in for 60 seconds instead of 20' method and it worked  

Yewmsy
Joining in

I had the same problem and the reset didn't work.

The following workaround did

1- Hardwire a computer to the HUB using an ethernet cable

2- Open internet explorer and log on to the router (type 192.168.0.1 in the address box)

3 - it will ask you for the HUB password which is on the bottom of the HUB

4 - Select advanced settings from the menu on the left hand side

5- Select wireless from the menu on the left hand side 

6 - Change the wifi password to something you can remember (keep a record)

7 - Confirm at the bottom of the page

8 - connect to the WIFI using your new password

I'm very disappointed that a new plug and play HUB from Virgin needed this workaround but I presume its a lot quicker than waiting for an engineer to sort it for you