cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try it on a pc/laptop connected to the hub by ethernet cable rather than wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi slider91,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too low and the upstreams are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

DavidBerry96
Settling in

Hello, I’m having the same problem, trying to log into my settings for the internet box and it’s saying the passwords wrong on the bottom right of the box HELP!!?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DavidBerry96 wrote:

Hello, I’m having the same problem, trying to log into my settings for the internet box and it’s saying the passwords wrong on the bottom right of the box HELP!!?

There are 2 passwords on the base of the hub - have you tried them both?  You can do a pinhole reset as well - make sure the pin is pressed in properly and hold it for at least 30 seconds (some say a minute is needed).  When it reboots it will have the (correct!) password on the base so you should be able to access it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

dell12
Just joined

I have the same problem too. 
And yes, I do know there's two different passwords & that I need the all-numeric one to login; and yes, I've done a system reset.

Jake_Ellis
Tuning in

I'm having the same issue all of a sudden this morning, as are a number of others (there are multiple posts from today on this forum about this exact issue). It seems Hub 3 has decided to stop accepting passwords for Wifi. Seen several Twitter posts on the same issue. I have reset (factory reset) router more than once with no success. I feel like Virgin have stealth updated something overnight and are desperately trying to undo the damage in the background - still no official response about this issue (I'd also be willing to bet that a bunch more people are affected but don't post on social media or forums or simply haven't noticed yet due to being at work).

Mariameb
Joining in

I’m having the same issue today and have done the external reset but still no luck. Is something down from virgins end? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this fix in message 12 - has worked for lots of people this week.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
John
--------------------

@jbrennand wrote:

Try this fix in message 12 - has worked for lots of people this week.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

....sorry but that’s not really a fix though is it. 

Doing a pin hole reset will reset the Hub 3 back to factory settings meaning I will once again have to set up both 24.ghz and 5.0 ghz SSIDS and passwords, from scratch. Why should I have to do this?

The default 8 didgit number SHOULD work (and no, I have NEVER changed this)  

THERE CLEARY IS AN ISSUE WITH VM’S EQUIPMENT IF THE 8 DIGIT NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HUB IS NOT WORKING. 

SORT. THIS. OUT. VIRGIN. 

Smiley Mad

James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Updates made last night should have resolved this issue for those of you affected.

A simple reboot is all that should now be required.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide