cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are using the correct one?

There are two passwords on the bottom of the Hub3, the WiFi password & the Admin password.

If you are using the correct one have you tried the pinhole reset?

Hub 3 labelHub 3 label

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey meejahoar, 

Thanks for getting in touch and Welcome to the Community! 🙂 

The settings password is used to log in to your Hub online and is usually a number. If you're trying to connect a device, you'll need to use the WiFi password. 

As nodrogd said, if you're using the correct password then a pin hole reset will set the Hub back to default settings and should then let you connect. 

If you need any further help, let us know.

Take care 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Tried the pin reset...(how would I know if that had been effective?)....still the default password not working.

Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tonewheelkev,

To perform an external reset of your Hub:

1. Find the Ethernet ports on the back of the Hub 3.0
  2. Below the Ethernet points, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip or pen to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds
  3. The Hub 3.0 should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the label on the bottom of the device
  4. We recommend that you now turn off the power to the Hub 3.0 for 60 seconds and then turn it back on

Once you've done that the Hub should revert back to the default Settings Password.

This should work for you so please keep us updated 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

I did an external reset but still can't get the configuration to work.

Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello xiano93, 

Thanks for letting us know and sorry you're still struggling with this. 

I'll get in touch with you via PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can arrange for a replacement to be delivered. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Hi All, I am having the same issue I have tried the settings password number on the bottom of the hub and have tried it after doing the pin hole reset and it is still stating that the password is incorrect.  Is there anything else I can try please?  Thanks   Simon

Im having the same problem as well.

RickyB85
Joining in

Im having the same problem also.