Menu
jpang
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 router password reset loop

I have a new broadband service and recently set up the Hub 3.0. When trying to sign into the router from 192.168.0.1, I'm prompted to enter the router's password and then asked to reset it to something new. After resetting the router password, the page again prompts for the router passwords and asks me to enter a new password again.

It seems to be stuck in this loop, and I cannot gain access to configure the router. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 router password reset loop

Try a pinhole reset - this way !

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).
Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !
With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty (08.00 is the best time) or wait here a day or so for a VM person

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpang
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed response. The pinhole reset as described worked for me, thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant - Glad to hear a success story!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos