cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 router losing connection every night

JamesL1992
Joining in

Hello,

Recently moved to Virgin and my router loses connection every night between 1200 and 0100.

I've seen multiple people have had the same issue . . . Have Virgin ever provided a fix?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM often do work on the network at that time which can lead to disconnection - but its usually only the odd day or two. How often is this happening to you?

Is it happening on ethernet cable connected devices at the same times as on on wifi connections?

What does the Hub's base light do - stay white or flash green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JamesL1992, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I've sorry to hear you're having an issue with reboots in the night. As mentioned above by jbrennand, work is usually performed around this time as it's when most people seem to be offline. 

I've taken a look at our systems to check things over with your hub and it looks as though the Hub has some pro longed signal and power level issues. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey there,

Apologies if this post is really old, I found it from a google search, I am experiencing the same issue.  Been going on for nearly a month now.  

Many thanks.

Hello!

As noted above I did have poor signal which I found odd that it was taking down my internet every night.

I found a loose connection at my incoming Virgin connection, tightened it and this fixed my problem! 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jim

Thankyou.  Will give this a go.  

Thanks very much JamesL1992 for sharing this and for your help.

@JamieField, do let us know how you get on with tightening the cables and if this helped the issue.

All the best

Beth

Hey, 

I think this may have resolved it.  Haven't been able to test it that often past midnight so will keep you updated.  

If it isn't resolved after a few days of testing I will repost here. 

Many thanks.

Hi JamieField,

Thanks for your update, fingers crossed it's now sorted for you. 

If you do have any further issues please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards

Beth

Thankyou.  I think it has indeed fixed it.