Menu
Highlighted
jeanbg
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 resetting to defaults

Good morning,

For the past few days, my Hub 3.0 has now reset multiple times to it default WiFi settings (SSID and password).

I've had each and every time to personalise again my hub password, recreate again my personalised SSID name and password, recreate my guest network and password, etc.

My wife and connected devices are quite unhappy about it, especially when I am away and cannot sort things out until the evening. I am myself a bit tired to have to reset everything again and again.

This seems to be a recurring issue from what I could read on the forums, however I haven't been able to find a clear solution to the issue?

Any help very welcome, thanks!
JB

0 Kudos
mugshot
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 resetting to defaults

Ours has also reset itself to the defaults overnight. It has done it for the last two nights in a row.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

try this if you haven't - a pinhole reset with a twist - as per message 12 - has helped a lot of people this week.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
jeanbg
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you it seems to have done the trick, two days now without reset.

0 Kudos
mugshot
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! All working again now.

0 Kudos