cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 reboots approx same time every day

edmondo_88
Joining in

My Hub reboots itself between 00:00 and 01:00 every night.

At the same time as the reboot, the following message appears in network status. 

30/04/2020 00:20:46Warning!TCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

followed by.....

30/04/2020 00:21:16criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I have hidden MAC. 

Seen some similar posts on here but can't find any with a resolution. Any help greatly appreciated. 

This is my first post.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anyone know how I can report this to Virgin?

You've tried the VM text messaging service? referred to at the top of this page?  Probably much better than trying to phone it in, as you'll be on hold forever.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

Your router is trying to update itself but seems to fail. Please factory rest by holding the pinhole reset for 60 seconds (located at back of router). Please note you will lose any custom settings so you will need to manually change them back once reset. Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try that at a time when family are not needing internet and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

I performed the re-boot this morning and see same messages in log immediately after restart. I will see what happens over next 24 hours but doesn't fill me with optimism 🙂

01/05/2020 08:58:26criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/05/2020 08:57:56Warning!TCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Problem remains the same. Router rebooted itself at 00:40 with same messages in logs. 

I tried running a status test through Virgin website https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status but that resulted in a "Something went wrong!" message and suggested I restart router and try again. Which I did and same outcome. 

Anyone know how I can report this to Virgin? Seems like a hardware issue to me.

Anyone know how I can report this to Virgin?

You've tried the VM text messaging service? referred to at the top of this page?  Probably much better than trying to phone it in, as you'll be on hold forever.

No I haven't. I will try that. Thanks for your reply.

Hi, been kind of ignoring this issue for past few weeks although it is still occurring. I have tried re-set and powering off but the nightly re-boot after 00:00 still occurs. Pre Covid, I probably wouldn't have noticed so much but my teenage children are getting more and more nocturnal as time goes on and regularly complain to me about it. 

One thing I have noticed is that my upstream has 3 channels and some other posts mention that it should be 4 channels. Not sure if this is in any way relevant?

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

1462001074512064 qam57
2537000004.025512064 qam56
3602999614.05512064 qam55

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000

Also not sure what firmware version is the latest. I currently have 

Hub 3.0 device information

The information below shows current status of this Hub 3.0.

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.1811.401
Cable MAC address:**hidden**
Cable modem serial number:**hidden**
System up time: 0 days 16h:56m:15s
Network access: Allowed

I will try the text number in office hours tomorrow.

aafol
Joining in
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue -- can you post what your solution was.

Hi. I wish I could tell you what the solution is. I have not experienced this issue for 7 days now. No idea if anything has changed on the external Virgin side of the Hub but I am not getting the same messages and the hub is no longer re-booting itself each night. I also now have 4 upstream channels where before I only had 3. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't start happening again. Sorry I can't help and good luck!