Menu
Highlighted
KeepUp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 "Internet (Access denied)"

Have been without broadband since Tuesday morning.

Have an engineer coming out tomorrow afternoon between 4pm to 7pm.

Status page shows message in subject line:Screenshot_20180913-213752_Chrome.jpg

Tried switching from router to modem mode and then back to router mode. But this has made no difference.

Can someone advise on my router stats on what the problem might be? Screenshot_20180913-223245_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-223311_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-223335_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-223401_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-223502_Chrome.jpg

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Image contained MAC address. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
KeepUp
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 "Internet (Access denied)"

Engineer fixed issue and BB is back.

Was a problem with signal noise coming from my property.

Virgin Media service and network techs are actively working to remove noise from the network.

I had a corroded splitter in my property which was feeding noise back into the network.

So a 50dB attenuator had been fitted to my cable at the cabinet end. I can only assume this must have been done on Tue of this week to fix noise issues.

The attenuation meant downstream services were working, so we were able to get TV services. But no upstream and therefore no BB. 

0 Kudos
Itzpjx
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have this problem **bleep** waiting for an enigineer that’s long man I thought virgin was good?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Itzpjx

Thanks for joining us on the forums.

You do need to call in for this issue. I checked and you have not booked an engineer with us as you hung up before our teams could transfer you to the teams that would help, tech support.

I am sorry but the issue is not one we can help with on the forum as I have checked this morning and it's relating to your account set up.

Please contact the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 and speak to technical support for them to assist further.

Once the fix the account issue they will be able to correct the internet connection and the issues with the online account.

Kind regards

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos