cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 power light solid red

peeta
Tuning in

Hi

So my Hub 3 now has a solid red power light. its is not in modem mode.

Its cool to the touch with nothing blocking the vents, its been in the same location for around 4 years with no problem.

I ran the Diagnostic test and it says the Hub temperature is normal and reports no other issues.

I have tried switching off the power for 45 mins to ensure the Hub is 'cold' then restarting but after boot up the power light is solid red again.

Wireless and ethernet connectivity are fine at the moment.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Screenshot 2021-07-16 152831.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Yea the guy said some routers do this, where used to be white LED and now red. He checked the temps and all were ok.

I see what you mean though, if it was to overheat now then no one would be any the wiser

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know @peeta

If the engineer has checked the temperature of the hub and is happy with it then your all good to go. 

||ZM 

@peeta wrote:

Ok the engineer has been, very prompt too.

A couple of connections were rectified outside while he was here.

The router however is ok, apparently some routers lights do turn to red for some reason, not sure why, but all the specs ect check out ok, so no further action was needed.

Regards

Andy

Yes - they do - Because the sensor has failed and the hub needs replacing!

If VM are happy to leave a fire risk in your house - that's on them and you have evidence should your house burn down because the hub catches fire as you had no idea that it was overheating because the sensor was faulty!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

The Hub has now been replaced and all is working fine again.

No red light now.

Great to hear so @peeta

Glad to hear this is resolved! Have a great day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs