Menu
LutonMossy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 password

Hi all,

I am trying to reset the Hub 3.0 settings password.  NB - I do know the difference between the Settings Password and the Wifi Password!  I had changed it previously, but for some strange reason, it did not recognise it.

I have performed a factory reset on many occasions.  I have held the RESET button down for 30 seconds, I have powered down and then powered up the Hub.  I have internet-searched and have tried the 30:30:30 technique.  All to no avail!  The Hub never, ever, returns to factory defaults.  The original settings password still doesn't work.  All my devices remain connected to wifi, which should happen if a factory reset is successful.

I now have nowhere to go.  Any suggestions?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
LutonMossy
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 password

that of course should read "shouldn't happen if a factory reset is succesfull

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi LutonMossy, 

Have you done a Pin-Hole reset? This is the only way to restore the password to the factory settings on the bottom of the hub. 

Give it a go and let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LutonMossy
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Katie - yes, all my resets have been pin-hole resets. Using the usual paperclip method! I feel the button depress and feel it release each time I have done it. A dozen times or more now! No idea why this does not work at all. I'm not dumb; I'm reasonably tech-savvy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for my misunderstanding there LutonMossy - I thought you meant you had just rebooted it!

For the full pinhole reset, you need to leave the Hub on and then depress for 60 seconds (not 30). 

If that doesn't work, let me know and I can arrange a replacement Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LutonMossy
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie - some of my family are now back and I'll do as you say when I'm alone to avoid upsetting them! They tend to get annoyed if their wifi is cut off! Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough LutonMossy; i know exactly what you mean!

Pop back any time - the team will be around until 10pm this evening and back again from 8am tomorrow. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try it this way instead of the VM way.
Push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub and Wifi will revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/drawer.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand, 

Glad we're on the same wave length - that is what I also advised above Smiley Happy 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Hero
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi jbrennand, 

Glad we're on the same wave length - that is what I also advised above Smiley Happy 

Cheers!

Indeed Katie...... except you didn't state explicitly NOT to restart the router - which is what the VM guide still says to do  Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos