cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 not working again, can't wait 5 days for a technician

rudino1982
Joining in

Last week we have been off from Internet due to a local outage for 3 days . Now the Internet is not working again. It says it seems like the hub is not connected properly.  I have checked all the cables and followed the instructions online . The result is the same connected without Internet.  I have booked a slot for a technician appointment for Friday . It is Monday now and the kids are having school holidays so we should be a week without Internet? Surely that's not right.  Also will I get a compensation for the 3 days outage and now for 5 days waiting for a technician? 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Always worth a Hub reset like this...

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it. if not check this first

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

re.compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...
---------------

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey @rudino1982,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub at the moment, have you been able to try a pin hole reset as @jbrennand advised as it can sometimes resolve that type of issue.

Regards,

Steven_L