cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 not showing modem mode on left side of menu

baza321
Just joined

I am trying to setup an Orbi mesh system and want to put my white hub 3.0 in to mode mode, I. looked at the video on virgin media but I don't have the same menu. any thoughts? I also tried to do a reset of the hub and it didn't change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Do you by any chance happen to be in the Republic of Ireland? If you are then, alas this forum is for Virgin Media UK only and you'll need to contact VM there (virginmedia.ie I believe).

If the above is true then the way the hubs connect is different to the UK, you will be on an IPv6 connection and the modem mode options aren't there, you'll need to request to be put back to IPv4, let the firmware sort itself out, reboot and the modem mode option should appear.

And if, after all you, are in the UK then something has gone hideously wrong with the hub - can you take a screenshot of what you see and post it?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Do you by any chance happen to be in the Republic of Ireland? If you are then, alas this forum is for Virgin Media UK only and you'll need to contact VM there (virginmedia.ie I believe).

If the above is true then the way the hubs connect is different to the UK, you will be on an IPv6 connection and the modem mode options aren't there, you'll need to request to be put back to IPv4, let the firmware sort itself out, reboot and the modem mode option should appear.

And if, after all you, are in the UK then something has gone hideously wrong with the hub - can you take a screenshot of what you see and post it?

I am indeed in Ireland, I have tried calling the tech support but its always a 2hr wait and I don't have that length of time to sit on hold...

I will try post in the Irish site, many thanks.

Hi,

Is it sorted out for the original poster?
I'm a new Virgin Ireland customer. Today I just called support and we sorted out the IPv4 setup, my HUB3 already working in IPv4 mode, but the modem mode still not appearing.

What should be the next step now?

Thanks in advance