cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 no internet/ access denied

Radu_C
Tuning in

No Internet. In the last weeks the Internet dropped few good times, even few times during the same day.

On the VM app says there are no issues in the area!?

WiFi is working as I can see my connected devices when I login to the SH3, but on the status page on internet it says “Access Denied?” 

Searching the forum I found out that this issue keeps happening to other Virgin Media users, as described below :

"I have checked all the wires, and switched off and on, and no luck. Then I tried the modem mode as that seemed to sort this problem for some people in another post. However I couldn’t get back into the SH3! I was connected by Ethernet to the hub from my computer but nothing. Forced to factory reset the hub, and still nothing, but I can connect to the SH3, and see my devices but still no internet"

Any help would be appreciated... 

27 REPLIES 27

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the feedback, really glad to hear this is now resolved.

Kind regards

Paul.

@Tom1010 wrote:

Hi 

Yes he did, so far so good. He was very helpful and fixed it quickly with no fuss and explained the issue to me  

Thank you. 

What was the issue and how did he fix it if you don't mind? I ask as I've got exactly the same issue and no one on the phones has been able to solve it. All of the topics on this subject seem to stop short of saying actually what the fix was..

Tom1010
On our wavelength

So it was an issue with the wiring in the box in the street. Basically in non tech terms there was no internet coming through the wire. He also added that the box was left open and wiring exposed so I suspect someone a sloppy engineer (from BT or wherever) messed with my connection while fixing someone else’s. 

That said i don’t know if will be the same issue as yours but I am pretty sure it will be an external issue you may not be able to fix trouble shooting your router, etc. 

Hope it gets sorted for you ASAP 

Could you explain it to me because I'm having the same problem...

AmandaJayne,

You would be as well starting your own thread if you are looking for assistance.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Harrynorton
Joining in

Hi there, I have had this problem for 2 days, my WiFi is saying it’s working however it cannot connect to any devices in my household. My 3.0 settings say access denied on my internet yet my area claims everything is fine, I have tried getting through for over an hour on the phone. I have conducted a factory reset and a system reboot. But now on my pc when I try to log in it says ‘action needed’ on the WiFi and still says access denied on my Ethernet 

any help would be great, I have mock a level exams to provide my school with by a very fierce deadline 

thanks 

Harry 

A 60 second pinhole reset?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

60 second pinhole reset not worked unfortunately 

Alicgmood01
Joining in

Hi! Thanks for the answers. I have a new question: How good are wifi boosters? I have a router but it's have a low range for my flat. So is some of these https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/wi-fi-booster gadgets a value buy?

Thank all of you!

Alice.

Every thing depends on the building construction, budget and interreference.

You are better off researching for routers / mesh systems within your budget, there are plenty of online reviews to read.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.