cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hub 3.0 no internet/ access denied

Radu_C
Tuning in

No Internet. In the last weeks the Internet dropped few good times, even few times during the same day.

On the VM app says there are no issues in the area!?

WiFi is working as I can see my connected devices when I login to the SH3, but on the status page on internet it says ā€œAccess Denied?ā€ 

Searching the forum I found out that this issue keeps happening to other Virgin Media users, as described below :

"I have checked all the wires, and switched off and on, and no luck. Then I tried the modem mode as that seemed to sort this problem for some people in another post. However I couldnā€™t get back into the SH3! I was connected by Ethernet to the hub from my computer but nothing. Forced to factory reset the hub, and still nothing, but I can connect to the SH3, and see my devices but still no internet"

Any help would be appreciated... 

27 REPLIES 27

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Tell us what devices you are trying to connect and which ones are using wifi and which ones on ethernet cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Now the Internet appears to be back again. I wonder for how long šŸ¤”. And, on the hub page the status for Internet changed from Access Denied to "Online" šŸ˜Š I'm getting used to it. But is not how is supposed to be, is it? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Might have just been a "local" problem (say in one street cabinet) that's been fixed. These never show up on "service status" as that only reports big outages affecting thousands of customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It happened again the entire afternoon: no Internet ("access denied"). Now it's 1 am and the Internet is back again. And this thing seems to keep repeating periodically. It doesn't sem to be normal, does it? 

Trisha_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Radu_C,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issue with your Hub 3.

Appreciated that you have done some troubleshooting steps to make it work, as well as to improve the connection.

In regards to the service status, it only reflects when there is a major outage affecting large number of users.

As you mentioned, sometimes your connection is good and then it will happen again.

For us to check what seems to be the problem, we need to refer you to our team to do some diagnostics and check the hub that you're using. We can do this via online chat.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Trisha_G

Hi

I am having exactly the same problems and have been all weekend. Sometimes a reboot works other times it doesnt. When it does it can stay connected for a few hours sometimes a few minutes. 

There are currently only 2 devices (that I'm trying to use) connected.

Status says there are no issues in my area.

I have tried everything suggested and nothing is making any difference.

Any advice before I look for other service providers please?

Tom1010
On our wavelength

Having exactly the same issue. But resets donā€™t work and nothing seems to remove the green flashing light from my router or the internet access denied status on the hubs homepage. 

This issue has only ever started to happen tonight or today as only noticed once back from work. Also says there are no known issues in the area. 

Got an engineer booked but not for two days. 

Any help will be most welcome please...

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to us,

Did the technician manage to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

Tom1010
On our wavelength

Hi 

Yes he did, so far so good. He was very helpful and fixed it quickly with no fuss and explained the issue to me  

Thank you.