I hope someone can help. I have a Hub 3.0 and never had a problem with it for years until recently. For over a week my internet connection is constantly dropping. I am using a mac and the wi-fi shows that it constantly changes from 'looking for networks' to 'on' and then back to 'looking for networks'.
I am getting really frustrated as when there is a brief connection it isn't very fast at all. I rang Virgin to try and sort it out but they were more interested in resolving a connection to a mobile phone. After that phone call the issues are still present. There is definitely a problem. I read somewhere on these forums that uplink status will say 16qam if there is a problem and thats what mine says.
I've tried posting the error from the router in the Network Log section but it won't post. There is a range of errors with the status 'Critical', 'Warning!' and 'Error' going back to the 18th of February.
The light on the base is also yellow with no other lights present.
Connect the Mac (or another?) via ethernet cable and see if you get the same problem. If you (like me) have a Mac laptop with no ethernet port, get a Ethernet -- USB/T'bolt adapter off eBay - they work well and are cheap. Also get some new Cat5e/6a cable to test it with. When you call in the fault they should automatically test your connection - did they do that and if so what did they say? If not, call it in again and get them to test it. Also click the "check service staus" link at the top right of this board page and see what that says.
-------------------- Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
more info needed before they will replace the hub or book a tech
log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream
that was the first thing i tried. there are no reported problems in my area and the equipment says its connected but that isnt the case. i saw someone in another thread say a recent firmware as done the same thing to their hub. sure enough, a download which happened on the 18th february was the start of all the problems with my hub so I'm assuming thats the firmware that was downloaded. I had to delete my MAC address so I could post.