cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 light solid red

cdvm
Tuning in

The status light on my hub 3.0 is continuous/solid red.

I assumed this was normal but I’ve read it indicates overheating. It is always very warm to the touch.

Unplugging it for an hour to let it cool down and plugging it back in sees the light return to continuous/solid red straight away.

I am concerned that the Hub is faulty and that it may fail from the excessive heat. Or maybe I’m worrying about nothing and it will be fine. As it has no active cooling I worry about electronics that get this hot. Either bad design or faulty in my experience.

3 REPLIES 3

Cmrobertson33
Dialled in

Hi

Recommend your phone tech support on the number below, from there they should be able to diagnose the issue.

0345 454 1111

Craig

Recommend your phone tech support on the number below, from there they should be able to diagnose the issue.

More likely they'll invent some complete garbage excuse that it's quite normal and acceptable.  I'd say don't phone customer service, wait for the forum staff to pick this up and advise.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cdvm

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the red light that is showing on your Hub. I am concerned your Hub may be overheating so I would like to book a technician visit to get this sorted out. I shall send you a private message now to confirm your details and we will get this arranged asap.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena