cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 has a red light on all the time

Elmars
Joining in

Hello my hub 3.0 has been showing a constant solid Red light for months now. At first there were no connection issues so I just left it. However my wifi connections are very temperamental now and some things do not connect at all. Checked online forums and keep seeing that this may be an overheating issue which can affect performance. Hub feels a little warm to the touch but certainly not hot and it is not in Modem mode. I have telephoned Virgin Customer Services multiple times trying to maybe get a replacement hub or an engineer visit but I keep getting fobbed off with "just reboot the device and wait 24hrs" which I have done god knows how many times. My Wife is starting to worry about it catching fire through the night now though, especially with us having a small kid, so I am having to switch it off till morning. Surely something can be done?? Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elmars,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have had a red light on your Hub for Months and whenever you call you were asked to do a reset, so I can help further and arranged a technician I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elmars,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elmars,

Thank you for reaching back out, really glad to hear everything is now sorted after your Technician visit, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.