Menu
Jennyc_83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 flashing green light

The base light on my hub keeps flashing green, I’ve tried resetting/rebooting and it works for a minute but then flashes again. I have been watching Netflix and then twice in the last two days, the episode has stopped halfway through because of a connection issue...... I also cant watch normal tv.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 flashing green light

What do you mean you cant watch normal tv ?  Which TV box do you have and what is the issue ? When the Hub light is flashing are you still able to connect to the internet by wifi and/or cable?  How is the Hub3 connected to the TV box?  Also it may help if you can post up your connection stats to see if there is a problem do this for all of the channels you see.

go to http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 ) in your browser [there is no need to login] and then click on the  “router status” button at  top right - or bottom middle - of first page up -- depending on which hub you have  and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream , &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read (not by me!), but try and avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses.  If there looks to be a network connection problem, a VM Forum staff member on here will organise a technician visit or you may be quicker calling the help line for that.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jennyc_83
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think the tv was a coincidence as it’s working now, and the green light is no longer flashing. This is not to say it won’t happen again though. 

However now my WiFi is down, all the lights are as they should be and all my devices are showing my router when searching for WiFi. When I go to connect there is no Internet connection. This is normally rectified by using the Ethernet cable if on my laptop. However this isn’t possible with my phone and iPad!

0 Kudos
Jennyc_83
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Now my WiFi or internet connection using an Ethernet cable doesn’t work at all!!

Is there a service failure in my area?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jennyc_83,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your internet service not working.

I have located your account using your Forum details and run some checks and I have detected some issues with the downstream power levels being out of the required specification.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look at this for you so the issue can be resolved.
I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos