cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and Linksys velop

hasanobts
Joining in

I’m just trying to get help on using my Hub 3.0 in Modem mode to then use my Linksys velop 3 node mesh system but struggling so far, when I switch my Hub3.0 to modem mode, and use the only working port to connect to the master node of my Linksys tri-band velop routers, it doesn’t pick up internet from the Hub3.0. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Once your hub is in modem only mode make sure that you are using the correct power on sequence.

1) Power off both hub and your Linksys.

2) Power on the router and wait until the lights stabilize can take around 5 minutes.

3) Then power on the Linksys and let the light stabilize.

This should resolve your problem.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Its a race to do with auto-sensing WAN and LAN do not connect by wireless or wire to Linksys velop change hub to modem mode wait a minute then power off the hub for 2mins have the Linksys velop on then hub after 5min unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in then connect to the Linksys velop to test for internet.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi hasanobts, thanks for the message and am sorry to hear that you are having connecting to your mesh system. Can you confirm if what DJ_Shadow1966 has said resolved the issue or are you still having issues with this? Chris