Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

I bought a velop for this reason. It works well and remember the BT system is just badges by them. It is tplink I think

primming
Joining in

Hi,

I am suffering this issue several times a day.  When will the update be available please??

not good when a few in the house rely on internet access for work.

I am suffering from this issue still.

Hi Kev,  can you add me to the firmware update please, I have BT whole home premium.

ip: [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

I’ve sent my BT WH back and have received a full refund from BT. At first they said I’d have to pay carriage charge as it was classed as “unwanted goods”. 
My retort was along the lines of “why did you print in massive writing on the box WORKS WITH ALL BROADBAND PROVIDERS...if it doesn’t work with Virgin...who are a broadband provider?”

Within a minute, she’d accepted my point, then sent me a Royal Mail carriage label postage paid. 🤣

Don’t be let down by these clowns people.£270 is a lot of money for something to work “most of the time”. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why are Virgin still sitting on this ? 

Stop xxxxing people about and just send the xxxxxx thing out as a general update! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

When I contacted VM customer services, they denied all knowledge and offered to send me out a new hub...Completely disregarding what I’d said. Even gave them the firmware revision number and denied its existence. 

That’s when I gave up. Ordering the Velop system now! 

What everyone has to remember is that wireless will never be as reliable as wired. The secret with the velop system, to save yourself a lot of frustration, is set up the first device then add all the others before you let the system update. 

I found the Velop easy to set up and it has been brilliant.  The app tells you to set up the parent node first before adding any other nodes.  So glad I found these messages and was able to cancel the BT whole home order and make a better decision that would work with the SH3. Thanks to everyone here 👏👏👏

I reminder to all that if you set up the Velop , then put the virgin hub into modem mode then restart the velop.

The throughput is more reliable, and the throttle on the virgin hub is avoided

Sanderc3