Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

So I thought that maybe the case but it also takes out my wired connections. That's the bit which confuses me as they have been plugged into SH3 (pre external router) and now new router.

Fingers crossed one of the two companies fix it!

If your getting drop outs in modem mode with a router then it can likely be docsis link issue run a BQM to see if you get drop outs.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Well documented known issue with virgin hub 3 and BT premium home WiFi.

Virgin and BT together fixed. You need 9.1.1910.200 on hub 3.0 and SGAB20400A on BT premium whole home WiFi to resolve.

To get SGAB20400A on BT you need to be an early adopter.

I just need virgin update now.

Also you can't use BT system with hub in modem mode as not a router. You just disable WiFi on hub.

@jamesgreengrass wrote:

Well documented known issue with virgin hub 3 and BT premium home WiFi.

Virgin and BT together fixed. You need 9.1.1910.200 on hub 3.0 and SGAB20400A on BT premium whole home WiFi to resolve

But with the hub in modem mode you only need the BT fix modem mode links to a 3rd party router WAN port their is nothing the BT premium home WiFi do on the 3rd party routers LAN that causes problems by the hub in modem mode. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not using modem mode and known issue I just need updated hub firmware

Its not just the BT product I have a Velop system and in modem mode and the Velop being the router, dropouts. I put the Velop in bridge mode and reset the hub so far OK will keep in this mode.

What do you use for DHCP now then? Velop or SH3?

I had so many problems with Velop, I went for BT WH , now I just have other issues 😞

I used the velop with no issues until recently. I just started using the SH3 turning off the poor wifi. Wish I could just get the tv from Virgin no landline. I have had no issues with velop, but I use it as a hub and spoke arrangement rather than daisy chain, this works better 

Can someone from Virgin please advise how I get my hub 3.0 updated to 9.1.1910.200. I'm getting so many issues with my BT Premium Whole home WIFI.

jamesgreengrass
On our wavelength

Kev_B how do I please get the updated version 9.1.1910.200 on my Hub 3.0 please that we know fix the BT Premium Whole Home Wifi issues.