Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

If you can get the bt disks to be a router, then do this then put your hub into modem mode, all these problems disappear.

Ted

Which isn't possible so a pointless suggestion

No need to be nasty I didn’t buy those as they are badged by BT. I bought something built by belkin, which can become a router. Even though which gives the bt disks a good report, other more technical reports don’t. I gladly went away from bt 

Hi

i resolved this issue by buying a router to plug in between the virgin media router and the bt disc.  I configured the router and then switched the virgin media box into modem mode.  Now i get a consistent 102-106mb/s on Wi-Fi and 100 on wired connections.  The bt system is fantastic. Having a dedicated router helps with speed.  😎

Kev...I’m a current serving WE. Same background as you. I’ve looked into this deeply and unless you have the VM firmware update and the BT early adopter software...you won’t achieve reliability or stability. It’ll be about as reliable as a dabbed that eats crayons! 🤣

OggyGhost
On our wavelength

It's not just an issue for anyone running the BT Home WiFi with the Hub3 I've been having the same issue when my Xbox One X is wired to the Hub it causes the Hub 3 to drop connection & reboot whatever happened to the Hub 3s or network at the beginning of July it's causing major issues.

personally i don't think the Hub 3 is fit for purpose its hardware is out of date the sooner that they role out the Hub 4 to every customer and not just exclusive to Gigabit contracts the better. The Hub 3s have been plagued with issues from day 1

Lots of other mesh systems are far better as they can be the router also and now support better wifi

Ted

Kev_B

Good afternoon,

Just a further update, this firmware version is currently being rolled out nationwide.

I'm closing this discussion as a result.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules