Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Rachelstreet
Joining in

Could someone tell your first live support team and tech support team of this issue please

i rang BT and they were great 

I then rang virgin and they were 💩💩

first line knew nothing about it and passed me onto tech support 

I them spent 4 hours on calls today because they refused to admit it was a virgin issue and made me pay £20 joining fee plus £5 a month for min of 6 months for  tech support who took 3 hours to admit they could not fix it !!!

In fact they have made it worse because now my Apple devices do t connect to any WiFi !

csn someone please contact me to deal this this mess I have a reference number and I refuse to pay the tech support costs !!!

I’m told by BT it’s the new premium model only 

Correct, premium only.  BT are losing customers because of this issue. Not sure why virgin cannot offer firmware upgrades to members on demand. Would make customer services more efficient and customers happier.

Rachel street,

I had the same issue and I have the standard BT WholeHone 3-disc problem. 

Sympathise with your VM problems. Apparently the call centre in Wales is better but the Bangalore team is unaware and just programmed to say it’s someone else’s problem and pass on to the subscription IT help team. Even the installation engineers aren’t aware of the problem. 

Suggest you send a private message to one of the two VM people earlier on this thread. I received an update the next day and my system is working as it should. 

My non Premium BT Whole Home problem now sorted, turned out to be a dodgy LAN port on the Hub 3. Virgin dispatched a new Hub 3, installed and everything working fine now. 

Does anyone know if the Velop system allows you to split the the frequencies into 2.4 and 5ghz? I have some smart devices (bulbs and plugs) that only allow connection to 2.4ghz or they throw a wobbly. 

Yes if you use the web page 

Excellent news! Sky Q gets a bit funny also with the BT Whole Home and the mini boxes disconnect constantly from the main box, as that disconnects constantly when it went down. 

You log in to the web address then log in, click on CA in the bottom rhs then you can change the name of the 2.4 & 5GHz networks simples

KevinS1729
Joining in

Hi Kev,

I have just bought BT Premium Whole Home WiFi and connected it to my Hub 3, switching off the Hub 3 wifi of course.  I am getting the issue which you allude to.  Is there (I'm speaking as an old and bold Royal Naval Weapons Engineer, project manager and systems analyst) a sitrep other than RSN?  (For those who don"t know, when you ask a softie (software engineer) when his solution will be ready, the answer is invariably "Real soon now!")

I know that interfaces are one of the most risk-fraught areas of engineering, but that is a reason for putting your best engineers into writing i/f specifications and implementing them.  Please do so.  And tell me please the answer to my question above.

Best regards, Another Kev