Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

mpcham
Tuning in

Had a drop out picked up by the Samsung SmartThings hub last night @ 02:35.

However... just checked the firmware version of the Hub3 after seeing a few replies here of people getting the firmware update and BOOM - 9.1.1912.302.

Looks like the "drop out" was the router rebooting following the firmware update.

I'm excited for disconnection free working from home now! Just in time for the wife to work from home after maternity too... I think this update may have saved my marriage! (:o)

Hope you are aware that you also need early adopter firmware from BT to resolve. If anyone needs me to post how to get let me know.

Thanks Lindsey and Kev, mine has been updated too. Hopefully it will fix the issue with loss of internet.

@JamesGreengrass

What's the early adopter firmware for BT? I had a firmware update on my Whole Home Premium, currently at SGAB204002).

You also need BT update which is SGAB20400A and to get this you have to change settings to be firmware early adopter.

You do this via web interface under system firmware options. Just change drop down to be early adopter and then click check firmware and you will get. It will reset network but only takes a few minutes.

http://btwhole.home/2.0/gui/login/

So finally progress after yet another phone call to Virgin my hub has mysteriously upgraded to 9.1.1912.302 and am now upgrading software on BT Wi-Fi as suggested . Will report back tomorrow as have just ordered a new Netgear Wi-Fi 6 mx63 triple set to test by putting router in modem mode . I will report back with results also on this . 

dzw003
Tuning in

Hi all,

Just got VM Internet installed today. I can see my hub 3 is on firmware version: 9.1.1811.401. I understand to use my BT Wifi Disc, I need to be on the newer firmware. Will this firmware install automatically, or will i need to manually reboot my hub? Also, if it does update, do I just connect my BT Wifi disc by ethernet, wait til the light is blue and then move it to a location of my choice? 

Thanks!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You should certainly reboot to see if the update loads. It hasn't for me, so it looks as if you have to ask for it.

With your BT discs you need to keep the Hub3 in router mode but turn off its own WiFi. Then stand the first BT disk in a clear place away from any obstructions.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

You only need firmware if you have premium version of the BT whole home WiFi

davebeere
Tuning in

After 6 months trouble free use my BT Whole House system has stopped working. Reboot of Hub and BT system has failed to correct problem, when will fix be released? Both me and wife working from home and now unable to get a connection in office and large parts of house.