Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we've sent all the new requests through and will get it sorted asap for you.

As Kev said in his last post: Please just ensure your hubs are left powered on for the time being to ensure the update can be downloaded and installed correctly.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

Many thanks so do you need any details from me about router or account number to action?

mpcham
Tuning in

Looks like I've also got this issue...

Intermittent internet connection drop out. Network remains up but internet connectivity drops. I've had a new Hub3 (third one in a year I think) delivered couple of days ago with the following versions:

Hardware version: 10

SoftwareVersion: 9.1.1811.401

Still same issue.

Engineer visit today, managed to replace cabling from wall to Hub3 router and did some diagnostics on the signal. Speed wise I seen an increase. OK for an hour or so, but then dropped out again. Managed to get the engineer back to the house, he switched the port in the cabinet and so far so good... however, I'm expecting this issue to reappear. 

The drop outs are not showing up on the Virgin side. The drop outs last roughly 10 minutes. All the network remains up, just no internet. 

This is the issue with the hub 3. I have put mine back into modem mode, as the router is not good. In modem mode it works reasonably well. 

Hey SanderC... do you also have the Whole Home Premium setup? If so... what did you configure on the HUB3 other than modem mode... I was told by BT support to turn off Smart Hub Setup... can't see that on the router though.

Just spent another pointless hour on the phone to some useless individual at Virgin abroad somewhere . They just deny everything and say there is no firmware update and that’s it and they don’t care about the the third party disk problem . 

I got called by a Virgin engineer and was told they don’t push out individual updates (which contradicts postings here) and that they would cancel my engineer visit and send me a new Hub 3 in the hope that it would have the updated firmware. If I get a firmware update on my existing Hub 3 before receiving it then I’ll keep my existing one. My contract runs out in 2 months so will move elsewhere if they don’t sort it as it’s so frustrating. It’s gone down 3 times today - all during work and video calls.

Don’t get your hopes up... my hub 3 arrived about 2 days ago and it had the old buggy firmware. 

Woo hoo thanks Lindsey_c I've been updated to 9.1.1912.302 overnight 🙂

Hopefully now I've got both update by BT Premium Whole Home WiFi issues are resolved.

Thanks appreciated

Me too 9.1.1912.302 installed!