Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

patrick0
Tuning in

i am using the Virgin hub with 3 BT Whole Home discs (all connected via Ethernet).

Does this issue also apply to BT’s standard Whole Home (not Premier) discs? I am getting cutouts 2-3 times a day where all internet connectivity is lost. Even after restating the Virgin hub it takes 15 mins or so for connectivity to return. The only BT patch available for this issue is for the Premier discs.

I’m having to resort to tethering to my mobile for WFH as the downtime is so long.

Not sure whether to hassle Virgin or BT.

I have the same issue and have the standard whole home discs. BT tech support is adamant that the Virgin upgrade fixes the problem. So pls hassle Virgin. But I have yet to find anyone that can help or understand. And beware of the Bangalore call centre passing you through to a home help subscription service!  

Thanks .. have sent a private message to Kev_B requesting a firmware upgrade. My Virgin contract is finishing soon so will move back to BT if it doesn't get resolved.

It's such a pain as there's two of us working from home. We're having to do Teams meetings on Vodafone 4G as the Virgin hub keeps hanging. I'd rather pay more for a slower BT connection that's reliable.

I've got a Virgin engineer appt booked but will probably cancel that as I don't think it's a line fault - the issue definitely appears to be an issue with the Virgin hub 3.

Update from my side. New SH3, new ends on all the cables. Moved position in cab, filter added to the line as signal was a bit too strong??

So far so good. Let's wait and see

Thanks what firmware is the new hub on please?

Hardware version: 10

Software version: 9.1.1811.401

I called their support number on 0800 9528046 (found the number on the saynoto0870 site as I couldn't find it anywhere on the Virgin media website).

The call centre chap said he was the person who looked after the Hub 3 and that it was not possible for them to push out firmware updates individually.

He said to book an engineer visit and ask the engineer to replace the Hub 3 with a newer one (which will hopefully have the firmware update).

It seems a waste of time for everyone to have an engineer visit me when it's supposedly fixable via a firmware update that can be pushed remotely, but hey ho.

Worth adding that the engineer  also has no ability to get anythig pushed, even when on site.

Also pointless when the new hubs don't even have the new firmware on them (in my case). Should definitely be pushed remotely, suspect you had a call centre hero telling you that 🙄 

I’m having the same problem can I get a firmware upgrade I’m on 9.1.1811.401 thanks Ian 

Call centre man (presumably not in the UK) said it wasn't possible to push the update to just me and that they could only push to everyone when some high level manager had made that decision. Which basically confirmed he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

I'll wait for the engineer on Monday and if that doesn't resolve it then will log a formal complaint as that may be the only way to get to speak to someone competent.