Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Hi - I am running SGAB20400A

@Kev_B - I am still on the old firmware, called the helpdesk but can not get through. A reboot did not force any change to the firmware - can you help? Before I give up completely I would like to try the new firmware update.

SP853
Tuning in

I have t he same issue with my standard BT Whole Home system crashing daily. BT has advised that Virgin has a new software that solves the problem (9.1.1910.200 Or 9.1.1912.302) but my Hub 3 is still using 9.1.1811.401 and am unable to speak to anyone at Virgin customer support that understands the issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix?

Called BT and they say I need to update the VM SH3 firmware.

Called VM and they say they haven't a clue how to update the VM SH3 firmware.

TBH this is a shocking customer experience. Can someone from VM please come on this thread and offer some help, advice or even just to say that they are listening!!! Even better tell me how to get the firmware updated on the SH3.

Same situation. Next month I'm lucky enogh to be able to get out of my contract... I know that I wont be able to get the 300mb broadband speeds with BT BUT I was able to get 72mb broadband for the 3 years that I was with them without 1 SINGLE ISSUE with them. Maybe I was just too greedy asking for the faster speeds.

Hi how do I please get updated to 9.1.1910.200 on my hub 3.0 please as still on older version and I have BT premium whole home WiFi and need the update. BT firmware now on SGAB20400A.

Me too please !

....and to think if VM only did modems no one would use BT Whole Home WiFi that are not routers and people who want to use them would need a router and the blame would be between the router and BT not the modem!
---------------------------------------------------------------

I use SH3 in modem mode, router then BT for WiFi. Mine still cuts out...

For clarity I only added the router because I thought SH software was glitchy. It has now failed before and after router

@TheHirthinator wrote:

I use SH3 in modem mode, router then BT for WiFi. Mine still cuts out...

Then the problem is likely with BT firmware 

---------------------------------------------------------------