Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

... because mine doesn't work. Everything was fine with the kit up until about 6weeks ago, now a full load of issues of dropping... and when an engineer says to me that there's a problem with the firmware... I guess that there's a problem.

Jimmmmm91
Joining in

Hi, 

Please can you roll the firmware update out to our hub 3. What details do I need to provide?

Hi Kev.

I saw that my router had been put on the newer firmware a few days ago. The reason I looked was that my internet seemed a little bit slower. I checked the speed and it was around 20% down. Anyway I rebooted the router and connected my BT HomeHubs and I am not seeing any major issues so a big step forward. I always had 200mb or greater but now I get around 160 - 170 . I do get 200 sometimes but it seems to take a while to get there.

Anyway thanks for your help and I hope any newer updates will get me back to my full bandwidth.

Regards Dave

TheHirthinator
On our wavelength

I guess I will add to this thread as it seems I have similar issues to some. 

My setup is SH3 (Modem mode) > Tenda Router (DHCP/ port forwarding primarily) > BT WH (for WiFi) 

It was solid for about 6 months then I started getting the locking up of BT WH discs and randomly rebooting, factory reset seemed to sort that issue but since then VM SH3 has seemingly being dropping connectivity, all connections go, wired and wireless, all the networking devices need a hard reboot before anything will start working again. This has been getting worse over the past couple of weeks or so.

Anyone else seeing the issues? My SH3 is on the  9.1.1811.401 FW and VM have said they will send me a new SH3 by the end of this week. I will report back to see if that's the issue.

I have a similar setup (in a post on pg 😎 and am having constant dropouts and have to reset the BT Premium WH discs constantly. It is very frustrating. According to BT the problem is known to them and they released a firmware update recently (I have applied this 😞 ). VM have also released an update but this is not on general release yet. Until then I am stuck with a crap service.

I saw your post KWbarbs

That's what made me add my bit, what version of BT WH firmware are you running?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It would be good to have an official statement from VM on what is happening with the Hub 3 firmware update. If it has been shown to work, why hasn't the new firmware been generally propagated? There must be more users affected than those who have found their way here to complain. 

I ask because having used the BT Whole Home successfully for over two years I have recommended it to others on here and elsewhere. I am also about to install the same for a relative who is on Virgin. If this is an ongoing problem I shall have to think again. 

In my own case I have not had the problem and assumed that this is because I have a Draytek router between the Hub and the WH.  But if there are reports of the fault occurring even in modem mode this raises the importance of finding a permanent fix.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Are you using 'normal' Whole Home kit? And are you running VM SH3 in modem mode? A bit of research seemed to point to there being issues with SH3 being in modem mode a couple of years ago. I've tried both and still have issues. Wondered if it's the same for others 

Hi

If this of any use this is my setup.

VM Hub 3 hardware v10 software 9.1.1910.200 in router mode

BT WholeHome premium triple disc set. Firmware SGAB204002 and when I check it is the latest firmware.

Before the VM hub was updated to the new 9.1.1910.200 firmware the discs were causing all sorts of problems and everything just slow and having whole outages which needed a full reboot of everything. Eventually I removed BTWH Premium discs completely.

Now with the new firmware installed I have reconnected the discs and the network has been stable for 6 days. I still think there is more work to be done by Virgin as it does not seem to be as fast as before the firmware upgrade but it does mean I can use the BTWH setup to get better coverage around the home.

@TheHirthinator wrote:

I guess I will add to this thread as it seems I have similar issues to some. 

My setup is SH3 (Modem mode) > Tenda Router (DHCP/ port forwarding primarily) > BT WH (for WiFi) 

It was solid for about 6 months then I started getting the locking up of BT WH discs and randomly rebooting, factory reset seemed to sort that issue but since then VM SH3 has seemingly being dropping connectivity, all connections go, wired and wireless, all the networking devices need a hard reboot before anything will start working again. This has been getting worse over the past couple of weeks or so.

Anyone else seeing the issues? My SH3 is on the  9.1.1811.401 FW and VM have said they will send me a new SH3 by the end of this week. I will report back to see if that's the issue.

New hub will not help the problem is the BT WH firmware.

---------------------------------------------------------------