Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Hi Kev_B

I've also just purchased the BT Premium Whole Home and I'm using a SuperHub 3.0. (Having similar intermittent issues). Please can you push the updated firmware down to my SuperHub 3.0 please.

Thanks

Richard 

Just by way of a further update;

The connectivity is much better between the Hub 3.0 and the PWH disks. However, it’s not without issue.

Yesterday the whole home system decided to randomly do a factory reset, in the middle of working from home. It took me a solid 2 hours to get them back up and running.

Ever since, 1 of the disks continually disconnects from the system.

Likely to be a BT related issue as opposed to anything on the Virgin side but I would urge anybody that hasn’t yet purchased not to or if you still have a return window to do so.

When the system works, it’s great. But more often than not it doesn’t and the disks become very expensive paperweights.

I’m actually going to look into a better mesh system and just take the loss on the BT system!

Spoiler
Hi Kev, could you please push the new firmware to my new Hub 3.0

I've just had a visit from a VM engineer to speed up my network and he gave me a new Hub. 

Thanks

moore1984
Joining in

Hi Kev_B,

Please confirm when update has been completed - I am giving the PWH one more chance after this and if it fails I'll be returning.

At £350 they are very expensive dust collectors right now.

Thanks

Moore

Hi Kevin,

I have just purchased the BT whole home premium system and found this when failing to set up! I'm in modem mode and conected by ethernet cable but I cannot get the first disc to successfully connect. 

My hub will not have been identified as needing the new firmware (9.1.1910.200 according to a thread on the BT forum I started at), any chance you can get me lined up for the update so I can see if it resolved the issue before I have to return this whol BT mesh system?

thanks

Ned 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The BT mesh system doesn't have its own router, so don't switch the Hub3 to modem mode.  Put it back in Router mode, but turn its own WiFi off.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

oggy6409
Tuning in

Hi Kev

I am having the same problem with a BT Whole Home Premium “internet dropping” what do I need to do to have my hub 3 firmware updated. It is currently on 9.1.1811.401

Regards

Dave

moore1984
Joining in

Gave up on this equipment. Would be interested to know of decent alternatives for Ethernet backhaul.

I’m still having dropouts. Albeit not as frequent, they still happen. 

Often it requires a full restart of the WH network, sometimes the Hub 3 too. 

Also about to give up, Amazon’s Eero looks like a decent contender. Considering that, Plume or Google WiFi at the moment...

Kev_B

@RK6 @Sookrah @nedpx @oggy6409 

I'm so sorry for the slow response, I've requested that the firmware be rolled out for all of you.

@moore1984

Apologies for not picking this up before you gave up. If you still have the product and would like to try with the firmware just let me know.

@acooke2020 

I'll feed this back as well, do you notice any sort of patterns to the dropouts? Is the hub dropping all devices, or is it just devices connected via the BT devices?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules