Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Thanks Kev_B, how long does this take to carry out?

Bainbo

Delliks
Joining in

Hi Kev

Can I be added as well, currently on old firmware and lost all wifi connection today. 

Cherrs

So far so good. I’d normally have had to restart the whole home system a couple of times by now and I’ve not had to touch it.

There’s also a BT firmware update for the premium disks, available to “early adopters” which is said to compliment the Hub 3 firmware version I’m now on. 

It’s early days, but I was able to watch Sky on a Q mini box last night without any issue whatsoever! After struggling for weeks to do that, it makes me very happy to know my troubles may well be in the past.

Kev_B

@Bainbo it gets added manually, so when that's done I usually get a notification and will be able to update you. It will usually be done overnight so I'd ensure the hub is kept powered on and then just check in the morning if the software version has updated.

@Delliks I've added you to the list for an update.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Kev

Firmware been upgraded to 9.1.1912.302, system gone down twice, main hub 3.0 keeps rebooting itself. 

Any ideas?

Cheers 

Dell

Kev_B

@Delliks looks like we were able to push that firmware through to you this morning, which probably explains the reboots. That's why we usually do them in the early hours of the morning. Hopefully it's stabilised since, but let us know if you have any problems.

Kev

Kev_B

Hi,

I've updated the main post and the title to reflect this as well, but BT have confirmed to us that the firmware update is only for problems with their Premium Whole Home WiFi products.

Customers using a standard Whole Home WiFi device won't benefit anything from the new firmware. As such we'll only be providing this update to customers with a Premium Whole Home WiFi device at this time.

Kev

Thanks Kev_B, SH3 firmware updated and BT WHP discs firmware updated so fingers crossed 🤞🙂

Reeksy_VM_Com
Tuning in

Our Hub 3 got updated yesterday around 14:00. Due to three of us working from home, we won't get a chance to connect the WHP disks till tomorrow late afternoon. The WH disks BT loaned to us working fine with the VM firmware update ending .200.
If the WHP disks are stable then happy days and we will return the WH disks back to BT. Just going to keep them on standby for a couple of weeks before doing it.

@kev_b

I've just purchased the BT Premium Whole Home and I'm operating with SuperHub 3.0. Having to reset every few hours. Please can you push the updated firmware down to my SuperHub 3.0 please.

Thanks

Moore