Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Hi Kev, I bought a Whole Home system just 2 days ago and am having exactly these issues.  It worked after setup for 2 hours yesterday,  but now just wont connect. If I do a factory reset on the Whole Home it connects for a few mins, then drops out. 

Could you please push a firmware update through to my Hub 3.0?

Thanks.

If I can convince Customer S8to give me a Hub 4.0, will this fix the problem?

@Kev_B wrote:

Hi @acooke2020 

Do you know if the router was powered on overnight? These updates sometimes fail to push through if the hub can't be detected on the network for whatever reason. If not already, could you try rebooting the hub to see if that prompts any sort of update?

I've not heard of any failures but I'll ask and I'll let you know.

I just rebooted again and I'm still on 9.1.1811.401 unfortunately!

Nope, Customer Support wouldn't give me a Hub 4.0

I would have to be on a Gig package and in one of their roll-out towns, which I'm not.

So that leaves me needing the latest firmware. 

Kev - Can you help?

Thanks.

Hi Kev B,

I've checked the firmware version on my hub 3 and it's not the latest release (9.1.1910.200), can I update this myself and if not how can I get it updated as I'm still experiencing issues with my discs on a daily basis?

Many Thanks

oner1
On our wavelength

Which "proper router" did you go for?

All updated this morning to the correct firmware. 

Fingers crossed this resolves all the issues! 🙏🏻

Reeksy_VM_Com
Tuning in

Hi everyone.

For what it is worth, Hub 3 software 9.1.1811.401 works with the whole home Wi-fi. we have Premium WH wi-fi and suffered the intermittent fault.

I contacted BT as i bought the kit from them and they were aware of the issue. This must be 3-4 months ago. They sent me a 4 disk WH set and they have worked perfectly. They offered to refund me the additional cost of the WHP kit. I declined.
They have kept me appraised of the situation. VM have a software update for Hub 3 9.1.1910.200. This was advised by email from BT Devices Technical on 27/7/2020. They have advised me that they have also contacted VM with my Hub 3 Mac address so VM can update my Hub. As of the time of writing nothing has happened.................

Once VM have updated my Hub 3 Software I shall try my WHP kit. If it does not work then I'll report back to BT DT and they can chase VM for me.

That's where I am. BT were very helpful escalating the issue to their Devices Technical Team, who in turn have been great with email updates.

Hi acooke2020, I'm still on 9.1.1811.401 Could you give the update another push please.

Thanks

Kev_B

@Sookrah @Reeksy_VM_Com @Bainbo 

I've added you all to my latest request for the firmware update.

Everybody else who's commented up until now should now have the new firmware, please let me know if not. Please also feel free to share any feedback from your experiences since getting the update.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules