Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

I've had to bite the bullet and buy a router, so I can put the hub in modem mode...hoping it resolves the issues. The firmware update would still be nice though!

Kev_B

Hi @dcw3003 @acooke2020 @kc- 

Sorry for keeping you waiting - I've just been waiting on confirmation that we could add you all to the firmware version as well. I've had this confirmed this morning and I've been able to locate your connections from your forum info so I've sent that over to the team to be added.

We're hoping to get the firmware deployed overnight tonight, I'll let you know if I hear any different.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thank you! That’s appreciated.

I was able to extend my 14 day cooling off period to 21 days, so hopefully this update will resolve the BT whole home issues and life will be good! 🙂

Is it possible to added to this list also? Have got the same issues with the BT whole home discs.

Thanks

Looks like mine just got updated - firmware now showing 9.1.1912.302.

Fingers crossed I won't have any problems anymore 🙂

boc2020
Joining in

I've been having issues with SH3 + BT Whole Home (3 discs) these past couple of months. Basically I experience recurring 100% packet loss for about 5 seconds every minute. SH3 is in router mode, but with wifi turned off, currently on firmware 9.1.1811.401. I just tried going to modem mode but this brought the whole system down. Does anyone know if the new firmware update will help with the packet loss issue?

My firmware hasn’t updated yet, is it still scheduled?

Kev_B

Hi @acooke2020 

Do you know if the router was powered on overnight? These updates sometimes fail to push through if the hub can't be detected on the network for whatever reason. If not already, could you try rebooting the hub to see if that prompts any sort of update?

I've not heard of any failures but I'll ask and I'll let you know.

Kev

Kev_B

@Rushm001 @boc2020 

I'm going to request that you both have the firmware update as well. I'll keep you posted.

Kev

I did have a few connection issues yesterday which went on into the early hours - this might have affected it I guess?

I did reboot this morning though and nothing came through.

Cheers!