Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why can't you get the Whole Home update? It's a simple procedure in the control app.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

This thread isn’t about an update to Whole Home, it’s a firmware update to the VM Superhub 3

acooke2020
Tuning in

I have the premium whole home too and experience very frequent dropouts.

I did a work around by buying a (very) cheap router, which improved stability but limits my speeds as I didn't want to waste additional money getting a gigabit router. 

I'd really like to try the new software on the Hub 3.0 to see if that resolves the issue to save me having to buy more kit. Is that possible? I've just checked and I'm on 9.1.1811.401 at the moment!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@acooke2020 wrote:

I have the premium whole home too and experience very frequent dropouts.

I did a work around by buying a (very) cheap router, which improved stability but limits my speeds as I didn't want to waste additional money getting a gigabit router. 

I'd really like to try the new software on the Hub 3.0 to see if that resolves the issue to save me having to buy more kit. Is that possible? I've just checked and I'm on 9.1.1811.401 at the moment!

That's the latest version, and has been for some time.

Not sure if VM are going to roll out the new FW.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

I do hope it will be rolled out! I was told by BT that an update to 9.1.1910.200 would potentially resolve all of the issues. 

That’s exactly what I’ve been told too!

Is there really no way to try out this firmware? I’ve asked tech support and they claim there is no way of sending that firmware to my hub. 

I’ve only just joined Virgin so I can still cancel with my first 14 days, the resolution of the whole home premium issue will be the deciding factor. It worked perfectly with my Sky broadband connection.

Can anybody help me? Please?

I've recently renewed as well with VM and would be tempted to cancel based on this. I also have BT broadband at the property and the discs work fine with the BT Home Hub...but today whilst connected to the superhub I've had to factory reset the discs yet again, and they've still managed to go down twice. Appreciate it appears purchasing a router and putting the superhub into modem mode can resolve the issue, but I shouldn't really have to do this - especially as i've already shelled out to be able to get decent wifi speeds around the house!

I'm rapidly beginning to lose patience.

I connected the whole home back to the hub last night and so far I have had to reboot the whole home 4 times. Each time, the exact issues described in this thread.

It's exceptionally frustrating that there appears to be firmware that resolves this issue, yet, nobody wants to help me try it out. Tech support are absolutely useless and just appear to be talking from scripts, they claim they're not even aware of an issue between the Hub 3.0 and the BT Whole Home Premium system. 

Can somebody please contact me about cancelling my service within the first 14 days? Thank you.

kc-
Joining in

@Kev_B

Hi, I'd also like to try the new firmware please (Hub is currently on 9.1.1811.401)
Thanks.